Wellness Strategy Manager
On the Clock
Katy is a Wellness Strategy Manager servicing the Virgin Pulse platform. Katy received her master’s degree in Exercise Science from Cleveland State University and is NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and group exercise instructor. Katy has been in the health and wellness industry for over 15 years as a personal trainer, research, and educator. Prior to joining the team, Katy was a graduate assistant at Kent State University, researching the effects of muscle damage and recovery strategies following exercise.
Off the Clock
In Katy’s free time, she enjoys spending quality time with her dog, Finn. When they can’t be found in the backyard playing fetch, you might see them hiking in the Cleveland Metroparks, paddleboarding Lake Erie, or relaxing on the couch reading a book.
Fun Fact/Unique Skill:
Katy loves to camp! Her favorite trip was when she and her sister went on a fall camping trip to Canada and camped in zero-degree weather.
Chicken and Rice Noodle Stir-Fry
Chicken and Rice Noodle Stir-Fry (makes 2 servings)
- 2 oz dried flat rice noodles
- 14 oz skinless chicken thighs (fully trimmed and cut into ½” pieces)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunch of broccolini (trimmed and cut into 1” pieces)
- 2 TBSP oyster sauce
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes, or until noodles are soft enough to twirl around your finger. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy-based non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Toss chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to hot skillet and cook for 4- minutes, or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Return skillet to the heat, add the vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until tender-crisp and add to the bowl of chicken.
- Return skillet to the heat, add noodles, and allow them to sit in the skillet undisturbed for 1-2 minutes or until they start to char and brown at the base of the skillet.
- Stir in sauces and cook undisturbed for a further 1-2 minutes, allowing them to again char on the base of the skillet.
- Return chicken, vegetables, and any juices from the plate to the skillet and stir-fry until heated through and noodles are tender.
- Divide between bowls and serve.