Wellness Strategy Manager
On the Clock
Michelle is a Wellness Strategy Manager on the Virgin Pulse silo here at Wellness IQ. She earned her Bachelor of Science from Bowling Green State University majoring in Child and Family Studies with a minor in Interpersonal Communications. Michelle comes to the team with extensive experience in client care and account management within a wide variety of populations and backgrounds. In her previous professional experiences, she was able to learn and observe the significant role wellness plays in overall quality of life. Michelle is passionate about linking others with the knowledge and resources available to them as they pursue their personal and professional wellness goals, and ultimately reach their full potential.
Off the Clock
Outside of work, you can find Michelle and her husband, Jason, at any number of youth sports and activities that their six children are involved in! She loves getting to run them around and watch them pursue their passions, just as much as she loves a quiet evening at home for a movie night or a fire.
Fun Fact/Unique Skill:
Michelle loves to travel! She is usually always in the process of planning another adventure with her family and these days, even has their sweet goldendoodle coming along as well.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
"Lately loving this…we double it."
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti or other long, thin pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 large garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large lemon juice and zest
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or more
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until firm to the bite (al dente), about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp is just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once you've drained the pasta, set skillet with the shrimp mixture over medium heat. Add drained, cooked pasta and ¼ cup of reserved pasta water; toss to coat. Cook and stir until heated through, adding more pasta water if pasta seems too dry.
- Remove pasta from heat and stir in fresh lemon juice and zest, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl or platter; top with grated parmesan cheese if using and serve.